12.28.2005

Computer #4

The barebones kit I was waiting for did not arrive. Apparently, that particular one never will.

I ordered this kit to put together a new computer for my wife for Christmas. The order for my item was received at the warehouse on December 9, and shipped later that day. December 16, early in the morning, it arrived from California (I chose the cheapest and slowest 1-5 day ground shipping method) at the UPS hub in Philadelphia. At 11:30am, I went downstairs to pick up my package. But, the package wasn't there. Later that evening, the UPS website said that my package was "damaged". Three hours later, my "damaged" package was reported as "missing". I guess the "damaged", "missing" package was later found, because it made it's way back to California a week later. In California, the package was forwarded to another sorting hub; the wrong sorting hub. Three days after that, on December 27, the item was finally returned to Newegg. My refund is currently being processed. The belated Christmas present is still pending.

I was a little surprised that Newegg didn't just ship another kit to me instead of defaulting to a refund. That's OK though, because I looked at their site today and discovered that the exact same kit I ordered is now $15 cheaper. I guess when they finish processing my refund, I'll buy it at the new price, and use some of the money I've saved to ship it with a different carrier. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I had not one, but two large tower cases destroyed by UPS. I believe this was through Newegg too.

I bet a Mac Mini is looking pretty good right about now. ;)